Your trusted Domain name
Register the new domain of your choice today with CloudNord
Transfer your domain over to CloudNord with the click of a button
Fast and scalable SSD VPS servers. Get the power and flexibility you need to grow your business.
A simplified domain manangement
DOMAIN NAME FEATURES
Manage domain renewals
Never lose your domain name again, manage your own renewals or let us automatically manage them for you.
No hidden fees
The price you see for a domain name is the price you will pay, we do not add any additional fees or costs.
Wide range of domains
We offer a wide range of domain extensions that you can register, allowing you to easily find the perfect online identity.
Free Whois Guard
Free Whois Privacy from CloudNord Whenever available prevents direct visibility of your data. The domain owner can only be contacted through a contact form.
Free .uk and .co.uk Transfers
Get free domain transfers for your existing .uk and .co.uk domain name and only pay for renewal.
Easily modify your domain using our DNS editor; allowing you to change name servers, MX and CNAME records and more.
To transfer a UK domain to CloudNord, follow these steps:
- Place an order using the form provided (transfer is free).
- Contact your current registrar and request that they update the IPS TAG on your domain to YOURSRS-NL. Your current registrar is required to retag the domain in a “reasonable” time, but they may charge you for this service.
- If your current registrar charges you to retag the domain, you can also pay Nominet’s Online Services Login £10 + VAT directly to have the retagging done immediately. This can help discourage the practice of charging for domain retagging, which is considered unethical by some.
- You may be asked to provide nameserver information. If so, use the nameservers provided by CloudNord.
- Once the domain has been retagged, you can manage it through your client area. Change the nameservers to CloudNord’s if they have not been changed already, and the domain will work with your hosting (if you have ordered any).
To transfer a generic domain to CloudNord, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have access to the admin email address listed at the registry for your domain. If you do not, contact your current registrar and have it updated to one you can access.
- Obtain the EPP/Auth transfer key from your current registrar.
- Unlock the domain at the current registrar.
- Ensure that the domain name has not expired. It is recommended to initiate the transfer at least 7 days before the expiry date to allow enough time to complete the process.
- Place an order and make payment.
- You will receive two emails at the admin contact email address for the domain. The first email will arrive within 8 hours and will request confirmation to MOVE IN. Follow the instructions and agree.
- You may receive a second email from your current registrar requesting confirmation to MOVE OUT. Accept this as well.
- It may take up to 5 days for the losing registrar to complete the transfer. You will be notified when it has been successful. You can check the status of the transfer in your client area.
- Once the domain has been transferred, change the nameservers to CloudNord’s if they have not been changed already, and the domain will work with your hosting (if you have ordered any).
Note: We cannot transfer domains that are less than 60 days old. Wait until the domain is at least 60 days old before attempting to transfer it.
Domain transfers add 1 year to the expiry date, so you do not lose any time that you have paid for. The only exception to this rule is if the domain was recently reactivated from an expired state, in which case the expiry date will not be extended.
To retag a UK domain with a new registrar, follow these steps:
- Login to your client area and go to the Domains section.
- Click on the “Manage” link for the domain you want to retag.
- Enter the new registrar’s IPS TAG in the provided box and click the button to submit the change.
- You can verify that the retag has been processed by checking the whois output at www.nominet.uk.
To transfer a generic domain to a new registrar, follow these steps:
- Notify your current registrar that you will be transferring the domain to a new registrar.
- Initiate the transfer at the new registrar (the international domain transfer mechanism is a “pull” system, not a “push” system).
- You will receive two emails: the first from your new registrar requesting confirmation, and the second from your current registrar checking if you are sure you want to transfer the domain.
- The domain transfer will be handled automatically after that. It is the responsibility of the new host to configure the domain to work with your hosting.
Domain name FAQ
When you register a domain, your personal contact information (such as your name, address, phone number, and email address) is typically added to the WHOIS database. This information is public and can be accessed by anyone who wants to view the details of a specific domain.
If you are concerned about your personal information being publicly available through the WHOIS database, you may have the option to activate your WHOIS privacy protection. This service will replace your personal contact information in the WHOIS database with the contact information of the privacy protection provider. This way, your personal information is shielded from public view, and any inquiries or communications related to the domain will be forwarded to you by the privacy protection provider.
Note that WHOIS privacy protection may not be available for all domain extensions, and some registrars may charge an additional fee for this service. It is important to check with your registrar to see what options are available for protecting your personal information in the WHOIS database.
Yes, if you do not want to set up the redirect yourself or if you are having trouble doing so, you can contact the support team at your hosting provider or registrar to have them set up the redirect for you.
To do this, you will need to provide the following information to the support team:
- The domain name that you want to redirect.
- The destination URL (the target website) where you want the domain to be redirected.
- The type of redirect you want to use. There are several types of redirects available, including 301 (permanent redirect), 302 (temporary redirect), and others. Choose the type of redirect based on your needs.
The support team should be able to set up the redirect for you and confirm when the redirect is active. It may take some time for the changes to take effect, as DNS changes can take up to 48 hours to propagate. Once the redirect is set up, any traffic that is sent to your domain will be redirected to the destination website.
Yes, you can link your domain with Wix or Shopify by pointing your domain to the Wix or Shopify servers. This is done by updating the DNS (Domain Name System) records for your domain.
To link your domain with Wix:
- Log in to your Wix account and go to the “Domains” tab.
- Click on the “Connect a Domain” button.
- Follow the instructions to connect your domain to your Wix website. This may involve updating the DNS records for your domain.
- Once the domain is connected, your website will be accessible through your domain name.
To link your domain with Shopify:
- Log in to your Shopify account and go to the “Online Store” tab.
- Click on the “Domains” tab.
- Click on the “Connect a new domain” button.
- Follow the instructions to connect your domain to your Shopify store. This may involve updating the DNS records for your domain.
- Once the domain is connected, your store will be accessible through your domain name.
Note that linking your domain with Wix or Shopify will typically involve updating the DNS records for your domain. This process can take up to 48 hours to complete, as DNS changes can take time to propagate. You should also make sure that your domain is registered and that you have control over the DNS records for your domain before attempting to link it with Wix or Shopify. If you are having trouble linking your domain, you may want to consult the documentation or customer support for Wix, Shopify, or contact our Technical support for better handeling.
Yes, you can have email with your own domain name. To set up email with your domain, you will need to do the following:
- Register your domain name and set up hosting for your website (if you have not already done so).
- Choose an email hosting provider that allows you to create email accounts using your own domain name. There are many email hosting providers available, such as Google Workspace (formerly known as G Suite), Microsoft 365, and others.
- Sign up for an email hosting plan with your chosen provider and follow their instructions to set up your email accounts. This may involve updating the DNS records for your domain and creating the email accounts through the email provider’s control panel.
- Once the email accounts are set up, you can use them to send and receive emails using your own domain name.
Note that we already offer email hosting if you have a web hosting with us. If you are already hosting your website with a provider, you may want to check if they offer email hosting and whether it is more convenient or cost-effective to use their service.
It is important to choose a reputable and reliable email hosting provider to ensure that your emails are delivered securely and efficiently. You may also want to consider factors such as the number of email accounts included in the plan, the storage space available for your emails, and the features and tools offered by the provider.